- Don't forget your home friends. It may seem fine at the time but they've been there for you for years and watched you transform from the spotty teenager into hopefully something a bit better than that.
- Budget! Yes I sound so old and so boring but seriously overdrafts are not fun and you have to pay that back with real money y'know.
- Try and find some part time work when you're home for the Summer. You're off for such a long time, make use of this time and earn back some money to save for when you're back slumming it.
- Buy a railcard. Trains are not cheap and will take 75% of your student loan. Guaranteed.
- Visit your friends at uni. This is definitely one of the benefits of going to uni, you get to experience nightlife in every city!
- Eat healthy. I sound like a Mum here but putting on a stone is not fun either.
- Try and keep up with the work. First year is ok as it doesn't count but when you get to second year this changes and stuff actually counts. Scary, I know.
- Use the library! I've got the best grades I've ever got by just going to that strange busy building that was just kind of there before.
So, those are just a few things that I think would have helped me before I began uni, not that I would have probably listened to any of them.
Thanks for reading!