Friday 22 January 2016

BEST MAC LIPSTICKS FOR FAIR SKIN

Best Mac Lipsticks for Fair Skin


So today I'm feeling super productive! I've been to the gym this afternoon, tidied and de-cluttered my room and now I'm writing a blog post, I'm basically super woman. But coming back to this post, this post will focus on what I think are some good shades in Mac lipsticks for people with fair/pale skin. If you don't live near a Mac counter (like me when I'm not at uni) it can be quite difficult to know which shade to choose so I've put together all the different shades I feel compliment fair skin!


I'm going to be focusing on seven different lipsticks.




Swatch from left to right: Lovelorn, Please Me, Plumful, New York Apple, Twig, Rebel, Girl About Town

PLEASE ME:- This is very similar to Lovelorn, it is however a matte finish and can be drying on the lips. However, it is a lovely pink nude shade. It is a bit more longer lasting and has a stronger colour I feel.

LOVELORN:- This is a lovely nude pink shade, in a lustre finish. It is perfect for just a simple daytime look and is the perfect 'your lips but better' shade.

PLUMFUL:- I love Plumful! It is a lustre finish, and is a lovely off red ish shade which I would personally wear for a day to night look as I feel red is more of a night time colour. Lovely lipstick but colour could be slightly brighter.

NEW YORK APPLE:- This is the only lipstick of which I own in a Frost finish. I personally think this lipstick would have been better in a matte shade HOWEVER I love this lipstick and is the perfect red shade for fair skin as it is not too bold.

TWIG:- A lovely Satin finish lipstick that resembles the famous Velvet Teddy. I wear this with the Spice lip liner and it is a lovely brown shade and is perfect for a daytime look. Overall, a lovely lipstick which is slightly out of my comfort zone but I still love it.

REBEL:- Another satin finish lipstick that is perfect for Autumn/Winter. I have only wore this lipstick once as finding the occasion for it is difficult! It is a lovely statement lip and doesn't dry my lips.

GIRL ABOUT TOWN:- I have definitely saved the best until last here.... I absolutely love this lipstick. It was one of the first Mac lipsticks I have ever purchased and I'm still in love. It is very bright but is very flattering on fair skin. This is my go to night time lipstick shade for a girls night out. Absolutely LOVE.

   

 

Three occasions of me wearing Girl About Town... that is maybe why I've used half of the lipstick within months. 

As usual, feel free to leave any comments and also thank you for 100 followers on Bloglovin!

Chelsea 
xxxxxxxx




4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely selection I want to add all of these to my collection too now. Although I already have plumful which is my fave Mac shade that I own.

    http://jessie-lou3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mac lipsticks are my favourite, I want so many more shades! X

      Delete
  2. Please me looks so nice. I love flamingo for a nice bright pink in spring and summer. Looks really nice on fair skin & with a little bit of a tan.

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear please me almost every day, it's such a nice pink/nude shade and I'll have to have a look at flamingo :) x

      Delete